Led by SRRA Director and Community Member Umesh Jain MD, FRCP(C), DABPN, MSc, PhD, MEd
US & Can. Board Certified Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist
Award Winning, Internationally Known Author, Advocate, Teacher & Researcher
All proceeds to be donated to SRRA Fund for community work. Dr. Jain is volunteering his time and expertise to this event
Objectives of the Lecture:
- How to create simple organizational strategies
- What are the best study techniques
- Why is sleep so important to learning and what to do to improve sleep
- How to develop motivational strategies
- What do parents/children need to know about screens the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Understanding, assessing and managing learning problems & much more
About Umesh Jain MD, FRCPC, DABPN, MSc, PhD, MEd
Dr. Umesh Jain did his medical school and Residency between Dalhousie University and the University of Pittsburgh, his Ph.D. at the University of Toronto and Masters of Education from the Ontario Institutes for Studies in Education. He is an internationally known speaker, advocate and researcher in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and created the Canadian ADHD Resource Alliance (CADDRA), and wrote the first guidelines for Canada (as he is now doing for other countries).
He has done considerable genetic, psychopharmacological, forensics and personality disorder research and has communicated his findings in peer reviewed journals, to the public and to mental health stakeholders (including pharmacists, psychologists, social workers and educators). He has been involved in the Canadian Academies of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry on their Scientific Committees and he has been given recognition awards from those institutions.
Welcome to the SRRA Lecture Series- an opportunity to give to the South Rosedale community information that adds value to your membership and provides SRRA revenue to conduct it’s ongoing projects and advocacy. This is a pilot project to determine what our community wants to know about and will continue to expand with new topics.
The first series is conducted by Dr. Umesh Jain, an award-winning internationally recognized expert in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Behavioral Disorders. He also has a Masters of Education and is one of the consultants for the Toronto District School Board. He works for the Hospital for Sick Children.
The topics in this first pilot series will include:
- Adult ADHD
- How to Maximize Your Learning to Excellence: from study skills to time management strategies that work
- Electronic Addiction: What every parent and teenager better know or it will hurt you – October
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in children and adolescence: realizing this may be the best thing you have – November
- Ask the Expert: Addressing your questions about everything from Learning to Behavioral Management – December